- What personal information is being collected?
- Who is collecting personal information?
- How personal information is used?
- To whom and under what circumstances personal information is disclosed and how personal information is stored. In most circumstances, Wantirna Medical Clinic,
- Will only collect personal information directly from you where this is practical and possible and necessary and relevant to the purpose for which it is collected.
- Will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected or for a directly related secondary purpose that you could reasonably expect your personal information to be used for (unless legally required or authorised to do otherwise).
- Will provide you with access to your personal information unless legally required or authorised to deny such access. If you believe that any information about you is incorrect or out of date you are entitled to ask us to correct it. An administration fee may be charged to process your request should you require copies of your health information.
- Will only disclose your personal information to a third party with your consent, or where you could reasonably expect such disclosure, or where we are legally required or authorised to do so.
- Will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information complete, current and accurate, and to ensure personal information about you is kept secure.
- Will provide your health information securely, to another practice, upon your written request with signed authority. A reasonable fee will be charged for registered postage and handling.
- Will seek written permission from you if the use of your health information for quality assurance, research and professional development is required.
- Will actively address complaints about privacy related matters – please contact our Practice Manager. If the matter is unresolved appropriately you can contact the Health Complaints Commissioner – Telephone 1300 582 113.
- Will allow access to your information to the Doctors and staff necessary within our practice.
- Patient Health Records are held by our Practice indefinitely.
- Your Rights: You can request access to the personal information about you that we keep on record. If you believe that any personal information is incorrect or out of date, you are entitled to ask us to correct it. No fee is charged for requesting access to personal information; however, we may charge you a reasonable cost for processing your request.